Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Moving right along

It's Tuesday, again, and I've been busy with family stuff, not house stuff. The week went by fast and after staring at two holes in our walls, small 3x4inch square holes, due to opening a pass through between two rooms and needing two electric sockets to be re-located. Today, I patched one hole by following a u-tube video on how to do so. This is my second patch and I'm pretty proud of the outcome! My first patch was in our ceiling when we relocated our ceiling fan 2 feet over to center the fan since the previous owners did not center it. I also patched a small hole not requiring patch tape, screws; etc. I just needed a glob of sheet rock and filled it in. Once it dries, you paint over it.
So, I am no longer looking at holes. Feels great! I did this this morning. The next thing I need to get to is to seal the new grout. I like using a special seal brush, like a painters brush, and then brushing just on the grout lines until it soaks it all up. It's very time consuming but then you know it's sealed plus you wipe any extras on the tile up immediately.
Oh yes, I also bought a toilet today. We used the city voucher so I only paid like 90.00. That did not include the toilet seat since we have a fun one for the kids!
I hope to write more but it's dinner time!
So along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment