Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy

Hey all,
I had to caulk our leaking shower tonight. I keep a small can in the garage just in case of things like that. I scrape out the old and put in the new. We'll see if I did it right in the morning when I take a shower. I'll let you know. The shower is old and rusty. We will replace it someday but not for a while. My dad was visiting all last week which kept me away from my computer. He did manage to help me extent our gas line in the garage so I was able to move my gas dryer next to my washing machine. Yes, my gas dryer was right next to the water heater in the garage at the end of the wall while my washing machine was right near the door to the garage from the house. It's been two years of hauling wet clothing from the washer to the dryer, dropping wet clothing on the garage floor. I am so happy! And it was so easy. We simply shut off the gas line at the source. Gas lines usually have a shut off lever so you don't have to turn off all the gas to the house. We added a gas line by screwing both ends to the existing line on one end and the other to the dryer using gas tape! And dad wrenched it by tightening with two wrenches. I had two bids for this job by plumbers. One charged 700.00 and the other 450.00. Am I a happy girl or what? No, it's not to code but we will eventually do it right someday but for now, we saved money and it's done safely. I'll check it every so often! Now I don't mind doing laundry as much!
This is Thanksgiving week. I plan of pulling up our floor for so my husband can tile it. He won't know my plan but come home to it done. It's old hard wood flooring severely damaged by water from the previous owners. Can't save it. So, out it goes. I'll let you know what and how he reacts when I do it. Probably this Tue. or Wed. morning! Anyway, going to bed!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment